Do you need the radio code for your Mercedes-Benz radio or COMAND navigation? If you had a dead battery or replaced the battery, you may need to enter the code in your radio.
Follow these steps if you need the Radio Code for your Mercedes-Benz.
- First, take a look at your owner’s manual booklet. The code may be written down on a small business card-size letter. Also, look at the front few pages and the back pages of the manual. The code may have been written there. If you can’t find the code proceed to the next step.
- Locate the VIN on your car. On your Mercedes-Benz, you can locate the VIN by opening the driver’s door and looking for a tag like the one below. The VIN is 17 characters long. In the example below, it starts with WDDNG…………
- Use the link below to find a Mercedes-Benz dealer. You can call any of them. If one dealer isn’t helpful, contact the next on the list. You will need to enter a zip to locate a dealer, for example, 90001 [button-blue url=”http://mercedes-benz.custhelp.com/app/dealer_locator/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDQ5NTc0MzUwL3NpZC9OZ0FRKnJEbQ%3D%3D” target=”_new” position=”center”]Find a Mercedes-Benz Dealer in the USA[/button-blue]
- If the radio code you received from the dealer doesn’t work, you may need to remove the radio or the Comand Navigation to get the serial number printed on the back. To remove the radio, you will need the radio removal shown below. We found these Mercedes-Benz radio removal tools on Amazon for under $10 and free shipping. Once you remove your radio or comand, look on the side or back of the radio for the serial code. Call back your dealer and give them the serial code. The code you get from using the serial number should work.
- Email Mercedes-Benz customer service using this contact form if you can’t reach a dealer. Ensure to provide your car’s name, contact info, and VIN.
Alternatives to get the RADIO CODE
Here are some alternatives to finding the radio code for your Mercedes-Benz. We haven’t used any of these services. They seem to be paid services that offer online car radio decoding.
- Radio-Code.co.uk, where you can get Mercedes-Benz radio and Comand code for a FEE.
- Radio-code. Lt Offers car radio online decoding service for Mercedes-Benz.