This article will show you how to wirelessly stream music from your phone to your Mercedes car stereo. This method connects your iPhone / iPod / Android wirelessly using Bluetooth technology. The only requirement for this to work is that your Mercedes-Benz must have the 30-pin iPod / iPhone adapter. You can stream music via your existing car speakers and control your phone with the steering wheel or COMAND head unit buttons. This method allows you to stream music from any Apple product, Android, or any other Bluetooth-compatible device.
- Wirelessly play music from your iPod/iPad/iPhone/Android via Bluetooth.
- No need to manually plug a phone into a 30-pin connector to play music.
- Automatic reconnect every time you enter the vehicle. You can still use the original or aftermarket Bluetooth phone hands-free in your car and stay connected for music playback simultaneously.
- Browse, skip, and control sounds using the original Mercedes steering wheel and COMAND buttons.
- Plug and Play. Easy installation. Just plug it into your car’s existing iPod socket and pair the phone.
- Display your music library on your Mercedes COMAND screen. Some limitations apply.
- Mercedes cars such as CLK, SL, SLK, E-Class, S-Class, C-Class, ML-Class, R-Class, GL-Class, etc. equipped with original or aftermarket “30-pin type” iPod adapters.
- Wireless Bluetooth Adapter for iPod / iPhone / Android Integration
You will need one of the following adapters to stream music from your smartphone directly to your Mercedes stereo and route music to the car speakers. Here are a few Bluetooth adapters that work with Mercedes-Benz cars.
- iPad / iPhone connector 30-pin
The iPad 30-pin port is installed in many Mercedes-Benz cars and can be found in the glove box or the central armrest. If you don’t have the 30-pin connector, you won’t be able to use this method to play music from your phone to your Mercedes speakers. You should consider using an FM transmitter such as Nulaxy Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter Radio Adapter Car Kit with 1.44 Inch Display and USB Car Charger.
How to stream music from your iPhone / iPad / Android in a Mercedes
Find the 30-pin iPod cable. The 30-pin cable is usually located in your Mercedes-Benz glove box or central armrest. Note that these adapters will also work with most aftermarket iPod integrations.
Plug the 30-pin iPod cable into the Bluetooth adapters that you have purchased.
Turn the ignition to position II and turn on the COMAND head unit. The Bluetooth adapter will automatically power on. The blue light in the Bluetooth adapter will turn on. Your adapter is in pairing mode.
Go to the “Settings” menu on your Android / iPhone / iPod/ iPad and select Bluetooth. Make sure Bluetooth is on.
Search for Bluetooth devices. You will see either CarPro or Bovee in the search results depending on the device that you are using.
Tap the Bluetooth device you want to pair. Enter PIN, which will either be “0000” or “1234” Once the pairing is completed, you should be able to play music from your phone.
Upon installation of the Bluetooth adapter, you will be able to stream music from the following devices.
- Android smartphone
- Any Bluetooth-compatible device
Things to keep in mind
- You don’t need to pair your Bluetooth adapter every time. It will reconnect automatically the next time you start up your Mercedes-Benz. The device will reconnect with the last phone device it was paired to.
- When you turn off the engine, the Bluetooth adapter will turn off, and the Bluetooth connectivity will be broken. This is a normal operation.
- Turn the volume up on your phone if the volume is too low on the car speakers.
Watch a video on how to play music from your phone on a Mercedes.
Will the Bluetooth adapter automatically connect when you get into the car?
- When you turn on the COMAND it will automatically power on the Bluetooth adapter, which will pair to the last device it used.
The volume is too low. How can I fix it?
- Please ensure that your phone’s volume is at the maximum when you play music.
Can I use hands-free phone calls when using the Bluetooth adapter?
- Yes. Your phone can simultaneously be paired to the Hands-Free of the Mercedes and Bluetooth adapter. If your phone rings, the music will automatically stop. Once the phone call has ended, the music will begin playing automatically.
Can I play music from Pandora or Youtube?
- Yes. Any music you play on your phone will be routed to your Mercedes speakers. Which means you can play music from Pandora and YouTube. Note that these Bluetooth adapters may not support the steering wheel forward or back buttons when using Pandora or YouTube.
Does this mean I can now use my Android phone?
- Yes. Now you don’t have to be limited to iPods only. You can pair any Bluetooth device that you like. The music list may not be displayed on the car’s COMAND screen. You can use the steering wheel controls for track forward, and track back will work with music on your phone.
Does the CarPro work with iPhone 6, 7, or 8 or the latest IOS?
Will the Bluetooth adapter work if it is in the glove box and the door is closed?
- Yes, the Bluetooth signal will go through the glove box, and you can stream your music.
Hi, I have a 2006 glk500. It has a indash cd and a 6 cd unit in the glove box. I think that it is being used for the 30 pin adapter. I would like to play my apple smart phone music library thru the car audio syste.