Did you know that you can change the logo on your COMAND radio system from displaying the Mercedes Benz logo to displaying the /////AMG logo? You must know a few simple steps to make the change, a secret procedure you won’t find in your owner’s manual. You don’t need Star Diagnostic Software to make this change.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Turn your key position 2. This should allow you to turn on your radio/command system.
- Pres 5, hold and wait for about one second.
- Press 3 as you continue to hold down 5.
- Press 7 but continue to hold down 5 and 3 buttons. Wait about 5 seconds.
- You should see a menu that comes up. Scroll until you see AMG211_ECE
- Switch off the ignition. You must wait a few minutes before you get in the car and turn the radio on to see the change.
This video will show you how to change the COMAND logo when powered on. By default, it shows the Mercedes Benz Logo.
Make sure to select the correct chassis but show AMG. In this case, the 211.
If you are obsessed with the AMG brand, you may want to look at these top-rated AMG products on Amazon to add to your collection.