Are you trying to remove the center console, ashtray, cup holder on your Mercedes-Benz C-Class W203? Need to repalce the light bulb of the ashtray. At the end of this post we have provided a list of these parts and corresponding part numbers. These instruction go as far as replacing the center console, but you can just follow them until you remove the part that you are trying to replace. In this article we will show you how to accomplish the following following:
How to remove Cigarette Lighter
How to Remove Center Console
How to replace damaged arm rest
How to remove the center console shifter wood trim
How to replace cup holder cover / sliding cover
How to replace ashtray burn out light bulb
This applies to 2001-2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class W203. More specifically models such as: C320, C230 C32 AMG, C280, C240.
Instructions: How to remove ashtray, shifter knob, boot, wood trim on a 2001-2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class W203.
- It is highly recommended that you disconnect your car battery. Use a 10mm wrench to loosen the bolt on the negative terminal.
- Remove the shifter boot/bezel. This can be lifted up vertically. It is held in place with tabs. At the bottom, it will have a couple of electrical cables connected to it. Disconnect both of them.Disconnect the two electrical wires. These two connections are for the PRND light and for the S/W switch.
- Next, you need to remove the gear selector knob. If you lift up the leather boot, you will notice that the bottom piece of the shifter knob can be twisted. Turn that piece to unlock the shift knob and lift up the knob. The shifter knob can be removed straight up once you twist the bottom piece to unlock it.
- VIDEO: How to remove shifter knob, boot and wood trim.
- Open the cigarette lighter lid/ash tray. Use the interior trim removal tools to remove the wooden center console trim. It will simply lift up; there are no screws that need to be replaced.
- Push the two tabs that hold the ashtray in place and lift the ashtray up. On the back, there is a light bulb for the ashtray that you need to disconnect.If you need help you can watch this video which shows you how to remove the ashtray / cigarete tray.
- Remove the cup holder. To remove it you need to open it first. Then twist the bottom part clockwise.
- You should be able to see two screws right behind the ashtray location. They are black and pointing forward. Remove both of them.
- Remove the bolts that hold the center console in place using a Torx socket. Two bolts are near the shifter module. Two other bolts are under the central armrest. To access these two bolts you need to open the storage area under the central armrest. Some models may have a motor here that need to be removed in order to get to the two bolts. Here is a picture of the two holes where these two bolts go. They are captured from underneath.
- There are two bolts towards the front, near the ashtray that need to be twisted to unlock the armrest from the front dash. You will need to use your torx bits to loosen these bolts. They just need to be rotated once to unlcok the center console.
- You should be able to lift up the center console. Before you remove the center console, disconnect any cables that may still be connected.
- Reinstall the center console, ashtray, cup holder in reverse order.
|Picture||Name – Click Link to Check Prices||Part Number|
|Mercedes-Benz C-Class W203 Cup Holder||203 689 08 79
|Mercedes-Benz C-Class W203 Ashtray -Cigarette Lighter||A2036800852
A 203 6805250
|Mercedes-Benz C-Class W203 Center Console||A2036830408|
|Mercedes-Benz C-Class W203 Cup Holder Cover – Roller blind cover||2036800123
|w203 center console wood trim||2036805439
A 2036806482 OEM