Are you trying to pair your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone with your Mercedes-Benz? You should be able to do so on most newer Mercedes-Benz cars made after 2010.
First, you need to make sure you have Bluetooth in your car. Next, you can follow the instructions below on how to pair your smartphone.
How to connect your smartphone to Mercedes Benz hands-free Bluetooth system.
- Turn the Bluetooth On on your phone. To turn it on, you need to go to your phone settings. If you need help, follow these steps for Android phones. If you have an Apple iPhone, do the following:
Android Apple iPhone Blackberry
- Tap on Settings
- Click Connections
- Find Bluetooth
- Click ON/OFF tog
- Tap on Settings
- Select “General”
- Tap on “Bluetooth”
- Flip the On/Off button to toggle Bluetooth on or off
- Close out of Settings, and you’re on your way
On the Home screen,
click the connections area
at the top of the screen,
or click the Manage Connections icon.
Select the Bluetooth
- Under Bluetooth settings in your phone, turn on the option to make your phone DISCOVER ABLE. If you don’t see this option, skip this step and go to 3. Make sure to use Connect from phone option when you reach Step 8.
- Turn on Bluetooth in your Mercedes Benz. You can do this in one of two ways.
- Press SYS button
- Choose SYSTEM from the top menu
- In your car’s menu, go to SETTINGS. Located in the lower menu.
- Next, select Activate Bluetooth.
- Next, you need to go to the phone menu by pressing TEL on the quick pad buttons or by choosing PHONE from the menu.
- Use your control buttons to go to CONNECT DEV.
- Select CONNECT VIA PHONE.
If you place your phone in Discovery Mode in step 2, select Search for Phone from Vehicle.
- Next, you will see a message saying the car is ready for Bluetooth connection.
- Go back to your phone. Turn on Bluetooth and search for new devices.
- Select the “MB Bluetooth”
- The car COMMAND display will ask if you want your phone authorized.
- Select YES
- You should get a 6-digit code which will display on your phone and your car’s screen. They should match, so select YES again.
If you need more assistance or want to check if your phone is compatible with your model of Mercedes-Benz, go to:
Some helpful videos show you how to pair your smartphone with a Mercedes-Benz via Bluetooth.
VIDEO: How to pair a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone with your Mercedes-Benz.