Are you wondering if you have lousy engine mounts on your Mercedes Benz? Here is an easy way to diagnose if your engine mounts are bad.
We strongly recommend that you have someone help you with this procedure. And please don’t stay in front of the car while your helper revs up the engine.
Here are the steps:
- Your helper gets into the car and starts it up.
- They place their left foot on the brakes and their right foot on the gas.
- Place the car in drive and rev the engine up to 2000 rpm for a few seconds.
- Place the car in reverse and rev the engine up to 2000 rpm.
Did your engine jump up and down like in this video?
A common symptom of a bad engine mount is interior vibration in the cabin at stop signs.
Be careful. Don’t stay in front of the car.
If you need to get new engine mounts at a fraction of the dealer prices, check out these sites:
– Advance Auto Parts Buy online and pick up at the store. Just like ordering pizza.