Are you looking to add Bluetooth functionality to your Mercedes-Benz to make hands-free calls? We will look at a few options on how to add Bluetooth hands-free phone adapter to older MB cars. There are several Bluetooth module adapters available even for older Mercedes-Benz cars going as far back as 2003.
How to check if you have UHI System
Check if you have the TEL button in your Comand / Radio / Stereo. When you press the TEL button you will normally get “Tel not activated” or “Telephone is not installed” error message. This is ok.
Look for the UHI connector, cradle install port inside the armrest compartment. It may be covered with a plastic cover. It should look like this.
We recommend that you call your Mercedes dealer and verify compatibility. The vehicle should be equipped with the UHI connector system. Some systems may require an update in order to download the phonebook into the head unit.
Mercedes Bluetooth adapter for sale
Factory Mercedes Bluetooth cradle adapter
- OEM Mercedes Bluetooth interface module adapter
This is the factory Mercedes Bluetooth module. It is sold at Mercedes-Benz dealership and can be purchased online as well. There isn’t any programming necessary other than pairing it with your phone. Instruction on how to pair the OEM Mercedes Bluetooth adapter can be found here. You will be able to make and receive calls. Pair up to four phones and access your phone book using the buttons on your Comand.
Aftermarket Mercedes Bluetooth alternative
- Viseeo Mercedes Bluetooth Adapter
An aftermarket upgrade that allows you to add Bluetooth functionality to your Mercedes-Benz. You can use either Viseeo MB-3 or the MB-4 with the existing factory system. Steering wheel controls can be used to answer and end calls. MB-4 provides full integration with the Mercedes-Benz vehicles equipped with telephone equipment and Plug and play connection. Up to four phone pairing. Phonebook synchronization. SIRI activation from Mercedes keypad for iPhones.
Mercedes Bluetooth Functions
- Instrument Panel Display: Your phone book automatically downloads into your MB head unit. Assuming you have a Mercedes Benz approved phone. You will be able to view your phonebook entries and Caller ID directly on your instrument cluster.
- Steering Wheel Controls: You can scroll through your phone book, adjust the call volume. Make calls, end calls or answer calls
- Audio System Display: Access information directly from your phone including phonebook entries, dialed numbers, phone status, Caller ID, and text messages.
- Auto Mute: The audio system automatically mutes the radio or pauses the CD player during calls.
How to add Bluetooth hands-free to your Mercedes
- Turn off the ignition.
- Locate the UHI connection in the center console
- Remove the cap from the UHI port
- If your Bluetooth kit comes with an adapter, install it by sliding it into the UHI port.
- Install your Mercedes Bluetooth Adapter.
- Pair your Mercedes Bluetooth Adapter with your smartphone. Press the Mercedes star button on the Bluetooth adapter and hold it for three seconds. The Bluetooth cradle will be in discovvery mode.
- If you have an Android phone go to Setting > Bluetooth > Search for Bluetooth devices.
- Select the Bluetooth device. Viseeo MB-3 or MB Phone System for example. Next, enter a pairing code. The pairing code is typically 1234 or 0000.
Mercedes Bluetooth adapter instructions can also be found in the owner’s manual located here.
Bluetooth dongle interface compatibility
Some Mercedes-Benz cars may require an update to function with newer phone models. If your phone is not pairing or the address book isn’t downloading check with a dealership to see if an update is available.
Your Mercedes-Benz needs to be equipped with an integrated hands-free communication system. Your MB should also be equipped with a Bluetooth dongle receiver (MHI interface). This module has part numbers B67876131or B6788001. These two modules look different but have the same functionality.
C180, C200, C230, C240, C250, C280, C300, C320, C350, C55 AMG, CL500, CL55 AMG, CL600, CL63 AMG, CL65 AMG, CLK280, CLK320, CLK350, CLK500, CLK55 AMG, CLK550, CLK63 AMG, CLS350, CLS500, CLS55 AMG, CLS550, CLS63 AMG, E250, E280, E300, E320, E350, E500, E55 AMG, E550, E63 AMG, G500, G55 AMG, G550, GL320, GL350, GL450, GL500, GL550, GLK280, GLK300, GLK350, ML320, ML350, ML500, ML550, ML63 AMG,R320, R350, R500, R550, R63 AMG, S400, S430, S450, S500, S55 AMG, S550, S600, S63 AMG, S65 AMG, SL500, SL55 AMG, SL550, SL600, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG, SLK200, SLK280, SLK300, SLK350, SLK55 AMG, SLR McLaren, SLS AMG
Mercedes Bluetooth Adaptor Part Numbers
Mercedes Bluetooth Dongle Puck Adapter Part Numbers
- B6 787 5839
- Viseeo MB 2
- Viseeo MB 3
- Viseeo MB 4 – Lattest