This guide will show you how to replace the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor on Mercedes Benz. If you get any of these codes P0100, P0101, P0102, P0103 and P0104 you most likely need your MAF replaced.
Some of the most common symptoms of a bad Mass Air Flow sensor in Mercedes Benz cars are:
- Engine dies, stalls soon after you start it.
- Engine hesitates when you accelerate
- Poor throttle response
- Engine hiccups
- Engine displays unusually lean or rich idling
Sometimes cleaning the sensor could help but we would recommend replacing it. A new MAF sensor can be found for less than $30, check out this one on Amazon.
Related Part Numbers
How to replace the Mass Air Flow Sensor?
Here is how Step by Step
- Remove the engine cover. You simply pull it up, as shown in the pictures below.
Lift one side up first.
- Lift up the other side and remove the whole cover.
- Locate the Mass Air Flow Sensor, towards the back of the engine.
- Disconnect the wire harness plugged into the MAF. Press the tabs, one is on the top there is also another one on the bottom. You can’t see it on this picture.
- Remove the hose shows on the picture below. The hose will pull straight out.
- Push out the two plastic tabs shown below.
- Pull the MAF housing towards the back of the engine. As you do this try to release the two tabs that hold it in place, as shown below. Shown removed so you can see what we are talking about.
- The MAF assembly comes straight out.
- Replace the MAF sensor with a new. You may have the hole housing which makes this job easier.
- Install everything back in reverse order and you are done.HINT: If you want to remove the MAF sensor itself to clean it you need to remove it from the housing. To do so, use plies to remove the two screws as shown below. The screws need a secure screwdriver, but using pliers does the trick.
Video on how to replace the MAF & clean it.
Where to buy Mass Air Flow MAF Sensor?
If you want to get a MAF sensor at a fraction of dealer prices check out Amazon. Here are some popular Mercedes Benz OEM, Bosch and aftermarket MAF sensors on Amazon.
|2003-2005||Mercedes||C240 4 Matic||ALL|
|2004-2005||Mercedes||C240 4 Matic Wagon||ALL|
|2003-2005||Mercedes||C320 4 Matic||ALL|
|2004-2005||Mercedes||C320 4 Matic Wagon||ALL|
|1998-2003||Mercedes||E320 4 Matic||ALL|
|1998-2004||Mercedes||E320 4 Matic Wagon||ALL|