In this guide, we will show you how easy it is to replace the dash speaker cover or the speaker on a W210. These instructions apply to Mercedes Benz E Class years 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 models E320 E420 E430 E55 AMG. The difficulty level for this job is 1. If you can remove a screw, then you can do this. As you can see in the picture, the old cover is shattered into pieces. You can replace the speaker cover in 5 minutes; you only need a couple of screwdrivers. The part that we replaced is shown below:
Mercedes Benz Dash Speaker Cover
Part Number: 2106800639
Mercedes Benz Dash Speaker
Step-by-step instructions on how to replace the dash speaker cover.
- Open the door on the side where you need your dash speaker replaced.
- Remove the side dash panel cover.
- Remove the screw on the side of the dash using a Phillips screwdriver.
- Once you have the screw removed, pull up the speaker cover. It only has one screw that holds it in place and a couple of clips.
- Next, reinstall the dash speaker cover in reverse order.
Steps to remove the dash speaker.
- Use a flat screwdriver to pull up the old speaker.
- Disconnect the wires on the back of the speaker.
- Install the new speaker and place the new cover in place by pushing it in.
If you are like us, you may need to match the paint color of the dash speaker cover. The replacement part we had was tan, and the car dash was grey. You can use vinyl and fabric spray paint to paint the cover your desired color.
Check out the “new” dash speaker cover. The color matched great as well. Use a vinyl and spray paint if you need to paint any plastic trim. Head over to Amazon to find the color you like.