Step-by-step instructions on how to replace the lower forward control arm. Check out this article if you need to replace the front rearward control arm.
Parts Needed: Front Lower Control Arm Forward/ Thrust Arm / Torque Strut.
- Left Control Arm Part Number (Front, RWD only): 2113304311
- Right Control Arm Part Number ( Front, RWD only): 2113304411
SPECIAL TOOLS NEED:
- E Class ( E320, E350, E550, E500 E63) Years: 2003-2009
- CLS Class (CLS550, CLS63 AMG, CLS 500) Years: 2005-2010
- Loosen the lug nuts before you raise the car.
- Raise the car. Make sure to use jack stands and not only just a jack.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Remove the wheel plastic covers / trim panels on the front section of the wheel.
- Remove the bolt from the ball joint at the steering knuckle.
- Remove the nut from the bolt where the control arm/torque strut connects to the frame. You will have to counter-hold the bolt on the backside.
- Pull out the bolt and push out the control arm.
- Install the new front lower fore-ward control arm. Torque the bolt to 85Nm.
- Connect the control arm to the steering knuckle. Torque the bolt to 90 Nm. Install the wheel back on. Take your car for a spin.
Symptoms of lousy front lower forward control arm:
- A sign of a lousy control arm (torque strut) is a thump/knock when you hit the brakes quickly.