Where are the fuses located on my Mercedes-Benz M-Class 2006-2011 W164?
Fuse locations on Mercedes-Benz M-Class W164 2006-2011.
- The main fuse box and relay box are located in the engine compartment.
- Rear, passenger side in the trunk.
- Inside the cabin. The passenger side of the dash.
- Prefuse box in the engine compartment. Near the hood hinge, passenger side.
- Prefuse box by the battery.
- The fuse box for AdBlue is located on the rear left, above the rear shock.
Fuse Guide Applications
|Model:||ML 320 CDI ML 320 BLUETEC ML 350 ML 500 ML 550 ML 63 AMG M-Class|
|Years:||2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011|
Fuse Box – Passenger side of the dash
Several fuses are located on the passenger side of the dash in the cabin. Remove the plastic cover using Trim & Panel removal tools to avoid damage.
|10||A/C Air Conditioner, Fan / Blower Control||10|
|12||Air Conditioner Control Unit||15|
Upper control panel
|14||Ignition, Electronic Control Unit,
Fuse box in the back cargo compartment, trunk.
A second fuse box is located in the cargo compartment on the passenger side. You must remove the cover by twisting the two locking tabs to access these fuses. Here you will find relays and fuses 20 through 72.
|20||Radio Antenna filter||5|
Radio Remote Control
|24||Emergency tensioning retractor||40|
|25||COMAND, DVD changer, Radio, Stereo||15|
|26||Door control, Right front door.||25|
|27||Seat adjustment and memory, Passenger front.||30|
|28||Seat adjustment and memory, Driver||30|
|29||Emergency tensioning retractor left front.||40|
Folding rear seat,
Heated steering wheel
|32||AIRmatic Air Suspension N51, if equipped with the adaptive dampening system.||15|
|33||Keyless Go Entry||25|
|34||Door control, Driver’s door||25|
Amplifier and subwoofer
|36||Tele Aid, Emergency Calling||10|
|37||Backup Camera 12-volt power||5|
Digital TV tuner
|39||Radio, Navigation, or Tire pressure monitor||7.5|
|40||Rear liftgate, rear door automatic closing||30|
|41||Overhead Control Panel||25|
|42||Overhead control panel||25|
|44||Power outlet, socket, 115v socket, cigarette lighter||20|
|45||Power outlet in the back by the second row||20|
|46||Cigarette Lighter Outlet||15|
|47||Door sill molding||10|
|48||Differential lock engages the unit,
|49||Heated rear window||30|
|51||Charcoal canister shutoff valve||5|
|52||Emergency Tensioning Retractor||5|
|53||AIRmatic Air Suspension,
|54||Front SAM Control Unit N10||5|
|60|| Glove light,
Engine Fuse and relays, Rear SAM Control Unit, Tele AID
|61||SRS Airbag Restrain System||7.5|
|62||Passenger seat adjustment, front||30|
|63||Seat adjustment Front||30|
|66||Multicontour seat motor||30|
|67||Back A/C blower||25|
|68||Seat Heat, Seat Ventilation if equipped.||28|
|69||Differential lock, rear axle||30|
|70||Trailer Hitch Connection Socket||20|
|71||Electrical Brakes for trailer||20|
The relays are located in the back.
|K||Power for electric seat adjustment|
|L||Trailer hitch connection|
|M||Back window relay, heating.|
|T||Power for the center and rear outlet|
Engine Compartment Fuses W164
You will also find a fuse box in the engine bay, behind the headlight on the passenger side. To access the fuses, pull the two locking tabs forward. Once the two tabs are unlocked, lift the cover.
Engine bay fuses
|Fuse||Purpose, Designation, Function||Ampere|
|100||Windshield Wiper Motor||30|
|101||Purge Control Valve,
|102||Transmission oil cooler pump,
Engine coolant pump
|103||Engine Control Unit ME||20|
|105||Engine Controls ME||15|
|108||AIRmatic Air Suspension||40|
|109||Electronic Stability Program ESP||25|
|111||Direct Select the Intelligent module||30|
|112||Lamps Headlamp Left and Right||7.5|
|114||Front SAM Control Unit||5|
|118||Engine Electronics ME Control Unit||5|
|123||Fuel Filter Sensor||20|
|124||Power Steering, A/C Compressor||7.5|
Relays in the engine compartment
|Relay||Purpose, Function, Designation|
Resources and useful links.
If you are missing the fuse chart and want a copy of the original fuse list with the car, look at this posting.
What fuse type do I need to replace a blown fuse?
Your Mercedes-Benz uses Automotive Blade Fuse Type. A box of 100 fuses that include all the different ampere ratings you need costs less than $20 on Amazon.
When replacing blown fuses, use the same ampere rating fuse. The fuse rating is written on the fuse. You can verify that you are using the correct fuse by ensuring the fuse colors match the blown fuse and the new fuse. This indicates the same ampere rating.
Make sure to close the fuse box covers properly. It is important to do so to avoid moisture from entering the fuse box. Moisture can cause rust and electrical problems.
Why do I need to know where the fuse box of my vehicle is?
- Electrical troubleshooting: When a vehicle has an electrical problem, such as a malfunctioning radio or a non-functioning turn signal, the fuse box is the first place to check. By knowing the location of the fuse box, the driver or technician can quickly check the fuses related to the malfunctioning electrical component.
- Preventing damage: Fuses protect the electrical components of a vehicle from damage caused by power surges or overloads. By knowing the location of the fuse box, the driver can quickly replace a blown fuse and prevent further damage to the vehicle’s electrical system.
- Safety: In some cases, a blown fuse can cause a safety hazard. For example, if the fuse for the brake lights is blown, other drivers may not be able to see when the vehicle is stopping. Knowing the location of the fuse box and the function of each fuse can help prevent accidents and ensure the safety of the vehicle’s occupants and other drivers on the road.
- Maintenance: To maintain a vehicle’s electrical system, checking the fuses and replacing any blown ones regularly is important. Knowing the location of the fuse box and how to access it can make this process quicker and easier.
Overall, knowing the location and function of the fuse box is important for maintaining a vehicle’s electrical system and ensuring the safety of its occupants and others on the road.
What is the Best Scanner for Diagnosing Tripped Fuses and Broken Relays on a Mercedes-Benz?
The YOUCANIC full-system diagnostic scanner is a smart tool that helps uncover the mysteries of a car’s electronic systems. It’s a go-to for tackling tricky electrical problems, perfect for car experts and enthusiasts. If you’re dealing with a tripped fuse, this scanner quickly spots where things went wrong and helps you get things back on track.
Overall, the YOUCANIC full system diagnostic scanner is invaluable for any Mercedes-Benz owner or technician looking to troubleshoot problems quickly and accurately. With its user-friendly interface and powerful diagnostic capabilities, you can save time, money, and frustration by diagnosing and resolving issues with your Mercedes-Benz quickly and efficiently.