Changing the cabin air filter on an ML Class W163 is so easy for a two-year-old. The cabin air filter is located in the interior of your SUV, on the passenger side foot well. You can change the filter in 5 minutes. Follow these easy step-by-step instructions on changing the cabin air filter on any Mercedes Benz ML Class, including ML320, ML430, ML350, ML500, or ML55 AMG; years 1998-2005. While in many cars, car owners forget to change the cabin air filter; it is recommended to change the air filter every 15,000 miles. Some signs that the cabin air filter has not been changed in a very long time are noise when you turn the cabin fan on, especially on high settings, and foul odors. Even if you don’t have any symptoms, you should change the cabin air filter once a year, as it is the filter that cleans the air that you breathe. It catches pollen, dust, and airborne materials.
All you need is a screwdriver and a new cabin air filter for your ML. The filter for the ML-Class W163 costs less than $20, see link here to get one from Amazon. If you go to a mechanic or the dealer, you will be charged well over $100 for this 5-minute job.
Instructions on how to change the cabin air filter.
- Locate the screws shown below and remove them.
- Pull down the cover.
- Press on the locking tab and pull down the filter door cover.
- Pull down the interior cabin filter and note the orientation of the filter. Be careful as there will be leaves, dust and maybe even dead insects.
- Push the new air filter in place.
- Press the cabin air filter door in place.
- Reinstall the cover under the instrument panel.
Mercedes part # 163 835 00 47 Cabin A/C Air filter. Part #1638350247
1998 – 2000
ML320 thru chassis # A 145272
thru chassis # X 707755
Videos on how to change the cabin air filter on your ML.
Cabin Air Filter Mercedes ML320 W163
How to change the Cabin and Air filter ML-Class