If you open the glove box and the light doesn’t turn on, then your glove light bulb may have burned out. Replacing the glove light bulb on a Mercedes-Benz S-Class is easy and can be completed in less than 10 minutes.
You may also want to replace the glove light bulb to upgrade it with a LED light bulb. The instructions are the same in both cases. Note that if you install the LED light bulb and it doesn’t turn on, you need to remove the LED light bulb and rotate it to reverse the polarity, and this time the bulb should work perfectly.
|OEM is not LED
Festoon Light Bulb
LED Light Bulb (Red, Blue, White)
You could upgrade with a LED light bulb if you like. You will not get a warning light on the instrument cluster if you use an LED bulb.
-Flat Screwdriver, Interior trim removal tool is preferred in order to avoid damage.
Instructions on how to replace the light bulb on a W220 S-Class.
- Press the button to open the glove box.
- Locate the glove box light housing.
- Use the interior trim removal tool, or if you don’t have then use a flat screwdriver to pry out the glove box light housing.
- Press on the light bulb and remove it.
- Install a new light bulb.
- If you are upgrading the light bulb with LED but the light doesn’t turn on when you install it you need to remove the LED light bulb and install it the other way.