In this article, you will learn how to change the cabin air filter on Mercedes-Benz E-Class W211 and CLS-Class. The Purpose of the Air Filter is to clean the air that comes from the outside and into the AC system. Replacing the filter is an easy job that you can perform yourself. Change the cabin air filter at least once a year. Replace the air filter more frequently, if you drive in heavy traffic, in a City that has poor air quality or if you drive very often. Air filters not only trap large and small particles and other pollutants but premium filters also have a charcoal layer for odor control. An old cabin air filter can cause the AC system to not work efficiently. Changing the air filter is a good practice to keep the driver and everyone inside the car healthier.
The cabin air filter of your Mercedes-Benz eliminates:
- Dust Particles
A clean air is important for everyone and especially for those with asthma or allergies.
Tools and Parts Needed
Replacing the air filter is easy. At a minimum, you will need a new air filter and a few simple tools.
Instructions on how to change the air filter on Mercedes-Benz E-Class, CLS-Class
Locate the hood release under the dashboard on the driver’s side. Next to the brake pedal. Open the hood by pulling on the hood release.
Pull out the old air filter. If the air filter has not been replaced for an extended period of time, you may notice a lot of leaves and dust in the cabin air filter housing. Use a vacuum to clean the housing.
Where to buy cabin air filter for your Mercedes-Benz?
You can save money by buying the cabin air filter online. Check prices for Cabin Air Filter for Mercedes-Benz on Amazon.
What does an cabin air filter do?
- The cabin air filter keeps the air that comes into the cabin clean.
How often should I replace the cabin air filter on a Mercedes-Benz?
- Cabin Air filters should be replaced at least once a year or even more frequently if you commute in an urban city or drive more than the national average.
What are the benefits of changing the cabin air filter?
- It prevents allergen and dust from coming inside the car. It keeps the air that the driver and passengers breath clean. It help you stay healthy. It help those with asthma or allergies.
What are signs that you need the air filter replaced?
If the air filter has not been replaced for an extended period of time you may notice:
- Reduction in airflow through the AC system
- Noise from the blower fan if you turn the fan on too high
How does an old, dirty air filter look?
- When you inspect an air filter that has not been replaced for years you will notice that the old filter may have turned black and also notice leaves, twigs, insects, grime and soot. Look at this very dirty air filter. It should have been replaced a long time ago.
How much does it cost to replace the cabin air filter on a Mercedes-Benz E-Class, CLS-Class?
The cabin air filter costs between $15-$30 online here are several filters on Amazon, and it only takes less than 15 minutes to replace. If you have a Mercedes-Benz auto repair shop perform this service, expect to pay between $60-$110.
Applicable Mercedes-Benz Models
2006 CLS500 219.375
2006 CLS55 AMG 219.376
2007-2010 CLS550 219.372
2007-2011 CLS63 AMG 211.077
2004-2009 E320 211.022
2003 E320 Base Sedan 211.065
2006-2009 E350 211.056
2003-2006 E500 211.070
2003-2006 E55 AMG 211.076
2007-2009 E550 211.072
2007-2009 E63 AMG 211.077
Related Search Terms
Cost of cabin air filter Mercedes-Benz
How to replace cabin air filter
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Instructions Mercedes-Benz