The video in this article will help you reset the service reminder on Mercedes-Benz SLK, chassis R170. This is also called the FSS Service reset and is performed after an oil change.
Models: SLK320 SLK230 SLK32 AMG Years: 1998-2004
How do you reset oil service light Mercedes-Benz SLK
To reset the FSS System on a SLK R170, after an oil change follow these steps:
- Turn the ignition to ON position. That is position II, right before starting the engine.
- Within one second press the knob/button twice.
- The present status for days or distance is displayed. Within 10 seconds turn the key to OFF/LOCK. Picture below.
- Press and hold the knob/button, while turning the distance is displayed once more.
- Move ignition to the run position again.
- Continue to hold the knob/button.
- After 10 seconds, a signal sounds and the display shows 7,000 mi or 11000km for 10 seconds.
- Release the knob/button.
- Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
- Mercedes R170 SLK service/oil change reset
- Service oil reset Mercedes Benz SLK
- Reset the SLK 230 oil reminder after an Oil Change
- Reset Service Indicator R170
- How to reset a service light on a mercedes slk R170