In this tutorial, we will show you how to replace the fender on a Mercedes-Benz R-Class. Also known as W251 chassis. It has several trims, including R350, R320, and R500. This guide applies to model years 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and newer.
- Remove the wheel’s inner liner. Remove plastic retainers.
- Remove the 10mm bolts that hold the inner liner in place.
- Lower the side skirt.
- Remove two bolts that hold the fender in place. These two screws are located behind the side skirt. No need to remove the side skirt. Just get it loose enough to access the bolts.
- Remove two 10 mm bolts at the A-pillar. There is a plastic cover that needs to be removed. Once you remove the plastic cover, you will see the bolts. The upper bolt can be removed with the door open. The lower bolt will be accessed from the wheel well.
- Remove three 10mm bolts at the top of the fender.
- Remove one T20 screw where the fender and front bumper meet.
- Pull the bumper release towards the back of the car.
- Remove the fender from the R Class.
- Install the new fender and do the reverse procedure.