Mercedes-Benz MBZ Acronym List and Abbreviations
Here is a list of Mercedes-Benz MBZ acronyms List and Abbreviations. Use the search function to look up any abbreviations or codes.
Download Mercedes-Benz Acronym and Abbreviations List PDF
What do Mercedes-Benz car model names mean?
Wondering what the model names mean for the E-Class, SLK-Class, S-Class, C-Class, G-Class, CLS-Class, ML-Class, etc.? Here is a description of the different classes. What does D, 4MATIC, CDI, or K stand for on a Mercedes-Benz badge? Here you will find those answers.
- “C” is a coupe or cabriolet body style.
- “D” the vehicle is equipped with a diesel engine.
- “E”(for “Einspritzung“) is assigned to gasoline/petrol models. Einspritzung = Injection
- “G” symbolizes the “Geländewagen” off-road vehicle.
- “K” for (“Kompressor“), turbo equipped engine.
- “L” indicates “Leicht” (lightweight) for sporting models.
- “Lang” (long-wheelbase) for sedan models.
- “R” for “Rennen” (racing), used for racing cars.
- “S” for Sonderklasse “Special class” for flagship luxury models.
- “T” for “Touring” and an estate or station wagon body style.
- “4MATIC” means the vehicle has all-wheel drive.
- “BlueTEC” symbolizes a diesel engine with selective catalytic reduction exhaust after treatment.
- BlueEFFICIENCY” special fuel economy features such as direct injection, start-stop system, aerodynamic modifications, etc.
- “CGI” (Charged Gasoline Injection) indicates gasoline direct injection.
- “CDI” (Common-rail Direct Injection) indicates a common-rail diesel engine.
- “Hybrid” indicates a gasoline- or diesel-electric hybrid.
- “NGT” means a natural gas-fueled engine.
- “Kompressor” symbolizes a supercharged engine.
- “Turbo” designates a turbocharged engine. Used on Mercedes-Benz models such as A-Class, B-Class, E – Class, and GLK-Class.
A-Class – Hatchback
B-Class – Multi-Purpose Vehicle (MPV)
C-Class – Saloon, Estate & Coupé
CL-Class – Luxury Coupé
CLA-Class – 4 Door Coupé
CLS-Class – 4 Door Coupé and Estate
E-Class – Saloon, Estate, Coupé and Cabriolet
G-Class – Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV)
GL-Class – Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV)
GLA-Class – Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV)
GLK-Class – Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV)
M-Class – Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV)
R-Class – Multi-Purpose Vehicle (MPV)
S-Class – Luxury Sedan
SL-Class – Roadster
SLK-Class – Roadster
SLS AMG – Coupé and Roadster.