Where is the fuse box on the Mercedes-Benz R-Class? Whether looking for the cigarette lighter, radio, COMAND, or Navigation fuse location, here you will find a list of all the fuses on your R-Class.
Location of the fuse box panels on Mercedes-Benz?
- Engine Bay ( Behind the headlight on the passenger side)
- Side of the dashboard. (Passenger side)
- Under the passenger seat. Fuses are next to the battery.
- In the rear, trunk on the passenger side.
Fuse Types Used on Mercedes-Benz
The ATO and MAXI fuses are installed on the fuse box panels. All these fuses can be purchased on Amazon; links are provided below. They are inexpensive when purchased online.
Fuse Guide Applications
|Model:||R320 CDI R 320 BLUETEC R 350 R 500 R 63 AMG R 300 CDI|
|Years:||2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016|
Interior Fuse Box
The interior fuse box is located on the side of the dash. You will find the fuse box on the passenger’s side of the dash. A plastic cover can easily be removed. Use a Dash Trim Removal Tool to avoid damaging the dashboard.
Fuses Box Side of Dashboard, Passenger side.
|Fuse||Function, Purpose, Designation||Ampere|
|10||Blower motor Speed Control||10|
|11||Instrument Cluster, Dashboard||5|
|12||Air Conditioner Controls||15|
Upper control panel
|14||Ignition EIS Control Unit||7.5|
Fuse and Relay Panel in Trunk, Rear
Your Mercedes-Benz also has a fuse box in the trunk. To access these fuses, you must remove the cover in the luggage compartment.
Fuses in the rear of an R-Class
|Fuse||Purpose, Designation, Use, Function||Amp|
|20||Radio Antenna Filter||5|
|21||Control Unit N72/2 Rear center console switch module||5|
|22||Parktronics, Stationary Heater||10|
|23||COMAND, DVD, Radio, Stereo||10|
|24||Emergency Tensioner Right Front||40|
|25||COMAND, DVD, CD Changer||15|
|26||Door control Unit – Right Front||25|
|27||Passenger seat adjustment||30|
|28||Driver seat adjustment||30|
|29||Emergency Tensioner Left Front||40|
|31||Steering Wheel Heater||10|
|32||AIRMatic, Air Suspension||15|
|33||Keyless Go Remote Entry||25|
|34||Door control unit, Left front||25|
|35||Sound System, Amplifier, Subwoofer||30|
|38||Digital TV Tuner||10|
|39||Radio Tuner, Digital Broadcast,
Tire Pressure Monitor
|40||Easy Pack Liftgate, Rear hatch door closing||30|
|41||Overhead control panel||25|
|42||Panoramic glass sunroof||25|
|44||Socket 12-volt front||20|
|45||Socket 12-volt rear||20|
|47||Door sill molding lights/illumination||10|
|49||Heated rear window||30|
|51||activated charcoal filter valve||5|
|52||Emergency tensioner retractor left and right front||5|
Headlight range adjustment
|58||Central Gate Way||7.5|
|59||Neck Pro Head Restraint||7.5|
Rear Sam Control Unit N10/8
Tele Aid, Comand APS
|61||Restrain Air Bag SRS, Child seat recognition||7.5|
|62||Front Passenger and Driver seat adjust switch||30|
|66||Pneumatic motor for multi-contour seats||30|
|67||Air Conditioner Blower -Rear||25|
|68||Heated seat and steering wheel||25|
|71||Electric brake control for trailer||30|
|72||Trailer hitch socket||15|
Engine Compartment Fuse Box, Front SAM Control Unit
There are fuses located in the engine bay. They are located right behind the headlight, on the passenger side.
R-Class Fuse Box in the engine bay.
Oxygen Sensor Upstream
|102||Transmission Oil Pump||10|
|103||Engine Control Unit||25|
|105||Connector, ME Control Unit||15|
|108||Air Compress for Air Suspension||40|
|109||Electronic Stability Control ESP||25|
|110||Antitheft Alarm System, Siren||10|
|114||Front SAM N10||5|
R-Class Fuse Assignment, Location Back
|K||Relay, circuit 15R sockets|
|M||heated rear window|
|O||Circuit 15 relay|
What fuse type do I need to replace a blown fuse?
Your Mercedes-Benz uses Automotive Blade Fuse Type. A box of 100 fuses that include all the different ampere ratings you need costs less than $20 on Amazon.
- When replacing blown fuses, use the same ampere rating fuse. The fuse rating is written on the fuse. You can verify that you are using the correct fuse by making sure the fuse colors for the blown fuse and the new fuse match. This indicates the same ampere rating.
- Make sure to close the fuse box cover properly and lock the tabs. This is very important to avoid any moisture getting inside the fuse box. The fuse box panel has a seal to keep water and moisture out of the box.
What is the importance of knowing where the fuse box locations are?
- Electrical troubleshooting: When a vehicle has an electrical problem, such as a malfunctioning radio or a non-functioning turn signal, the fuse box is the first place to check. By knowing the location of the fuse box, the driver or technician can quickly check the fuses related to the malfunctioning electrical component.
- Preventing damage: Fuses protect the electrical components of a vehicle from damage caused by power surges or overloads. By knowing the location of the fuse box, the driver can quickly replace a blown fuse and prevent further damage to the vehicle’s electrical system.
- Safety: In some cases, a blown fuse can cause a safety hazard. For example, if the fuse for the brake lights is blown, other drivers may not be able to see when the vehicle is stopping. Knowing the location of the fuse box and the function of each fuse can help prevent accidents and ensure the safety of the vehicle’s occupants and other drivers on the road.
- Maintenance: To maintain a vehicle’s electrical system, it is important to check the fuses and replace any that are blown regularly. Knowing the location of the fuse box and how to access it can make this process quicker and easier.
Overall, knowing the location and function of the fuse box is important for maintaining a vehicle’s electrical system and ensuring the safety of its occupants and others on the road.