How to remove and replace the stop/brake light switch on Mercedes Benz. The guide is shown in ML-Class, but the procedure is similar for other models. If your Mercedes-Benz does not have a brake light switch, as shown here, it may be integrated into the brake booster/master cylinder.
Step-by-step instructions on replacing the brake light switch on an ML320, ML430, ML500 W163.
- Remove the panel under the dashboard.
- Unplug the OBD II cable from the port if necessary. This will give you more room but is not necessary.
- Unplug the electrical connector from the brake light switch. The brake light switch is located right above the brake pedal.
- Remove the brake light switch by pressing on the lock tab and rotating it.
- Install the new brake light switch in reverse order.
- Plug the electrical connector back in and install the under-dash panel.
1998-2005 ML 320 ML 350 ML 430 ML 500 ML 55 AMG.
What Scanner Can I Use to Diagnose Mercedes-Benz Problems/Issues?
If you’re experiencing problems with your Mercedes-Benz, the YOUCANIC full system diagnostic scanner can be an invaluable tool for troubleshooting and diagnosing the issue. This scanner is designed specifically for use with Mercedes-Benz vehicles, allowing you to access and analyze data from your car’s various systems and modules.
With the YOUCANIC scanner, you can perform various diagnostic functions, including reading and clearing fault codes, monitoring live data, performing component activation tests, and more. This allows you to identify the root cause of the problem and take appropriate action to fix it, whether it involves replacing a faulty component, adjusting to a system setting, or performing more extensive repairs.
By using the YOUCANIC full system diagnostic scanner, you can save time and money by avoiding unnecessary trips to the mechanic and performing repairs yourself. Plus, with the ability to access real-time data and diagnostics, you can stay on top of your vehicle’s maintenance and prevent potential problems before they occur.