The engine air filter should be replaced every 10,000 miles. There are two air filters in your Mercedes-Benz. They are both in the engine cover which you can see in the pictures below. Replacement is very easy as long as you have a set of torx tool set like the one below. The whole job only takes about 30 minutes max. These instructions apply to most Mercedes-Benz cars from 2000 to 2011. You can see the applications list at the end of the article. Here you will find step by step instruction on how to change the engine air filters and also a video.
Parts NeededMann Filter C 3698/3-2 Air Filter Element, (Set of 2)
Instructions (How to change engine air filter)
- Open the hood.
- Remove the air inlet ducts. There are two of them. You simply pull them towards the front of the car.
- Remove the air duct on the other side as well.
- Locate the engine cover. Grab it on the sides and lift it up. The whole engine cover is held in place with four clips. The cover comes off by using pressure. No need to remove any screws other than the air ducts.
- Flip the engine cover upside down and locate the air filters.
- Locate the 4 torx bolts and use TEKTON 1351 3/8-Inch Drive Star Bit Socket Set, T10 – T50, 10-Piece
- Remove the old air filter. Pull it out. Notice the orientation so that you can install the new filter properly.
- Install the new air filter.Mann Filter C 3698/3-2 Air Filter Element, (Set of 2)
- Remove the second air filter on the other side of the engine cover housing.
- Place the engine cover housing on top of the engine. Put some pressure on the cover to push down the cover so the 4 clips we showed above sit on the right place.
- That’s it. You are done!
- If you have questions, comments or recommendations please leave a comment below.
Mercedes-Benz: C230 2006-07 | C240 2001-05 | C280 2006-07 | C300 2008-12 | C320 2001-05 | C350 2006-11 | C55 AMG 2005-06 | CL500 2000-06 | CL55 AMG 2001-02 | CL550 2007-11 | CLK320 2003-05 | CLK350 2006-09 | CLK500 2003-06 | CLK55 AMG 2003-06 | CLK550 2007-09 | CLS500 2006-06 | CLS550 2007-10 | E320 2003-05 | E350 2006-11 | E500 2003-06 | E550 2007-11 | G500 2002-08 | G55 AMG 2003-05 | G550 2009-12 | GL450 2007-12 | GL550 2008-12 | GLK350 2010-12 | ML350 2006-11 | ML500 2006-07 | ML550 2008-11