How to jump start Mercedes-Benz W 220 /C 215
This guide will show you how to jump start any of these cars: S430 S500 S600 S55 AMG | CL500 CL600 CL55 AMG. The easy way to jump start your S-Class is via the battery in the trunk. If the battery is dead and you can’t manually unlock the trunk, there is another method to jump start the car. See the instructions below.
Method 1 – Using a Helper Car – Instructions
- Position the helper car so that the jumper cales will reach the dead battery. Do not let the two vehilces touch.
- Make sure that the engine and all the lights and accessoreis are off on both cars. Set the Parking / Emergency brakes in both cars.
- Decide if you are going to use jumper cables or jump start with a jumper box. If you decide to use a jumper box we would recommend that you use NOCO Genius Boost HD GB70 2000 Amp 12V UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter, as it provides enough starting power for Mercedes-Benz and it is less likely to cause damage if improperly connected.
- Locate the battery in the right side of the trunk of your S-Class Mercedes-Benz. Conect the postive (+) red clamp to the positive (+) terminal of the discharged battery. Connect the other other postive (+) red clamp to the postive (+) terminal of the charged battery. Be careful to not allow the red clamps to touch any other parts of the car.
- Connect the black clamp to the negative (-) battery terminal of the charged battery. Next connect the other black clamp to the negative (-) termnial on the car with the dead battery.
- Start up the helper car. If you have another person helping you, have them sit on the helper car and keep the engine RPMs around 2000. If you don’t have another person helping you, let the helper car idle.
- Let the two cars connected for a few minutes before you try to start the car with the dead battery.
- Start the car with the dead battery.
- Disconnect the negative clamps, first by disconnecting the postive clamps.
Method 2: How to jump start an S-Class, CL-Class Mercedes-Benz, when the battery is dead and you can’t unlock the trunk manually!
- Pull the carpet on the passenger side, by folding it backwards.
- Remove the foam.
- Remove three 10 mm plastic nuts.
- Remove metal shield.
- Connect the postive clamp to the red post.
- Connect the negative clamp to any of the ground points on the car.
Weather you are going to use jumper cables or a jump box to get your Mercedes-Benz S Class started the choice is yours. Be careful when starting a Mercedes-Benz as undervolate or incorrect connection could cause you thousands of dollars of electrical problems. If you use jumper cables make sure to use high quality Gauge 4 cables such as the Cartman Booster Cable x20 ft. A better and safer method to jump start your Mercedes-Benz is to use UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter.