GLA 200 Sports Petrol Engine Diaganostics light dispayed not going away.

Discussion in 'GLA-Class' started by Vijay Plaha, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Vijay Plaha

Vijay Plaha New Member

My car MB Midel GLA 200 sports petrol was purchased from dealers T&T motors in Gurugram India.
    The car has done 4785 kms.
    I drove from New Delhi to Jalandhar and stayed for the night in the hotel. The vehicle was parked outside in the open. The car was not covered. There was dew on the top of the car. On the 3rd morning, the Engine Diagnostics symbol was displayed momentarily and went awa by itself. After refilling petrol, I drove the car another 140 miles and reached Jammu. During the joourney
    Engine Diagnostic light did not appear. On the 4th morning, upon starting the Engine, the Engine Diagonistic light appeared and stayed on.
    Checked Engine and brake oil levels and found ok. Coolant level also found ok. After starting engine, this Engine Diagonistics light does not go away.
    What can be the problem? What needs to be checked up ?
    Contacted the car dealers who advised not to run the car. They will tow the car to MB authorised service center for check up.

Attached Files:

2. engineer

engineer Member

You need to get a generic obd2 code reader and pull the codes. That will help us a lot. Otherwise we are guessing.

Vijay Plaha likes this.
  3. Vijay Plaha

Vijay Plaha New Member

Thank you.
    Can you please tell me what is the cost of generic obd2 code reader?
    From where can I purchase this?
    Thanks.
    Vijay Plaha

4. engineer

engineer Member