E320-CDI rpm limited to 2200

Discussion in 'E-Class' started by stephen a megivern, Sep 9, 2017.

1. stephen a megivern

stephen a megivern New Member

I have a 2006 e320-cdi that I recently serviced the transmisssion on. It shifts fine with all 5 speeds but will not go over 2000 rpm, even in park. We turned it over fr4om the front of the crank about a dozen times till we concluded this particular car has no drain plug on the torque converter. (confirmed by mercedes)
    Error code on the OBD scanner is po670...?????

2. stephen a megivern

problem found and corrected

3. panzernacker

panzernacker New Member

These are limited in park .only reves over when car is on the move

4. stephen a megivern

interesting reply, but that was not the problem. For all you do-it-yourselfers I'll tell you a story with a warning. normally servicing a transmission in-volves draining the pan and the torque converter.
    this model has no drain plug on the torque converter and "HAS' to be flushed. It's a tight fit to get a socket on the crank nut so I found a convenient way to bypass this by pulling the rubber plug off the front of the bell housing and using a pry bar to turn the engine over by pushing on the little tabs that were sticking up----DON'T EVER DO THIS!!!!!
    It's called a flux plate and when the tabs go by a sensor they trigger a signal to the computer. even slightly misallined the send a signal to the computer that you're at red- line and shut down.
    I made a tool up and was able to realline them
    You need a lift to do this----don't try it at home